About the NTSSS Project
The NTSSS is leading Industry-focused, multi-faceted approach to developing a quality NDIS workforce that is capable of delivering services which are reflective of the needs of NDIS participants across Queensland.
The project has been developed in partnership with the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT) and is delivered in collaboration with the disability services Industry, key government agencies and people with lived experience.
The NTSSS delivers on the following:
- Provide VET Industry advice to the Department to maximise opportunities under the VET Investment Plan and respond to the skilling workforce needs to support NDIS recipients
- Promote uptake of the Annual VET Investment Plan
- Promote Industry leadership in the co-design and delivery of NDIS training
- Development of advice around NDIS workforce development.
NTSSS – Phase Two
Phase Two of the NTSSS Project is known as the Employment Pathway Phase, and began in February 2020
- more than 15 initiatives are being delivered across Queensland
- more than 50 project stakeholders have been engaged
- an estimated 500 + people have directly participated in the project
The two-year Project Phase is funded by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT) and is focussed at co-designing fit for purpose solutions for the workforce as well as skills development priorities which were identified through the Strategy and Governance Phase 1 of the project.
Learn More about Project Initiatives below
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander NDIS Service Providers
NDIS Emerging Workforce Development Priorities
WorkAbility is in your community!
NTSSS project has a strong regional engagement with projects taking place across Far North Queensland, Fraser Coast, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast, South West Queensland.
Interesting in getting involved? Contact NTSSS Project Manager Mandy Strathearn for more information.