ABOUT WORKABILITY QLD
Why a Workforce Strategy is needed
The progressive increase in demand and available options for people with disability and the increased investment under the NDIS will require significant growth in the number of workers across the sector and in the range of skills and abilities required to meet new demand, need and expectations.
A strategic approach is required to meet not only the immediate challenges associated with ensuring adequate workforce supply and capability, but also the capacity and capability of providers to be able to respond, grow and sustain the required workforce into the future. The changing market context under the NDIS will not only mean a significant increase in the number and capability of workers required in the disability sector, but will also require a transformation of the sector as a whole.
About the Strategy
WorkAbility Qld has been developed by a consortium of peak bodies in collaboration with key government agencies. The consortium includes:
The strategy aims to work collaboratively with the sector, government and the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to meet the identified needs of the sector in Queensland, and to build the sector workforce supply and capability to meet demand under the NDIS.
Through the strategy the workforce will have the opportunity to access support and training, as well as workforce data and intelligence that will help to build knowledge and skills and enable organisations to effectively plan their workforce to meet the needs and demands of the sector into the future.
WorkAbility Qld provides real benefits for people, linking them with exciting and valued work and careers and builds community through social and economic opportunity.
Taking collaborative action to build tomorrow’s NDIS workforce
Our Brand Values
- Leaders of collaborative, systemic approach to meeting the identified workforce needs of non-government organisations providing services to people with disability in Queensland.
- Well-assembled consortium representative of the disability sector and connected to government agencies and NGO’s.
- United in the drive for action during time of monumental change for people with disability, the supporting agencies and the disability workforce.
- Taking action and dedicating resources to supporting communities to successfully transition to the NDIS in respect of workforce.
- Attending to immediate needs – ensuring adequate workforce supply and capability.
- Focussed on long-term transformation needed to grow and sustain the required workforce into the future.
- Enabling local workforce solutions for local needs through partnership and collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Embracing strengths and networks in local communities and the sector.
The NDIS NGO Workforce Strategy – WorkAbility Qld – has been funded by the NDIS Sector Development Fund and is supported by the Queensland Government.