WorkAbility Qld is delivering several local-level projects in Far North Queensland. As a result project team members met with the Cairns-based Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DEBST) in November.
The Project Team showcased some of the initiatives taking place in the Far North Queensland region to boost the NDIS Workforce as part of the NTSSS and Common Induction for NDIS Workers Micro Credential Projects.
Workability Queensland is funded by the DESBT and is delivering a number of innovative projects that are responsive to workforce needs in the region.
NTSSS Projects that will be delivered in Cairns / Far North Queensland, in addition to other state wide areas, include:
– Interpreters Skill Set Training for the Workforce Diversity Strategy in partnership with CentaCare FNQ
– Telehealth Skill Set Training for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander CCO Management Capability Strategy in partnership with Apunipima Cape York Health Council
– Support Coordinator Workshops for Emerging NDIS Roles Strategy in partnership with The Growing Space
– The Human Factor Vet in Schools project for the Growing the NDIS Workforce Strategy in partnership with Atherton High School
– VET Practitioners and Leadership Program for the Improving VET Quality Strategy in partnership with TAFE Queensland.
The Common Induction for NDIS Workers Micro Credential is also taking place in collaboration with a number of disability providers that service the Cairns and Far North Queensland region as well as South East Queensland and will be piloted across both of regions.
For more information about the micro credentialing project can be read here.
Picture: From Left to Right, CSIA Project Officer Tannia Lancaster, DESBT District Training Manager Michael Goodrich, QCOSS Project Officer Julie Allen, CSIA NTSSS Project Manager Mandy Strathearn, CSIA Projects Support Officer Fay Whittaker, DESBT Manager Regional Programs Desley Ferrando.