This program provides funding to enable eligible students to gain their first post-school qualification up to Certificate III level. Certificate III is considered the entry level qualification needed to gain employment in most industry sectors. Funded Disability Service Sector related qualifications include:
- Certificate III in Individual Support
- Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance
- Certificate III in Community Services
The training must be delivered by an RTO approved to deliver under this program (known as a Skills Assure suppliers or SAS). The funding is paid directly to the SAS. Students are also asked to pay a co-contribution fee which is set by the individual SAS and this fee can vary depending on the SAS chosen to deliver the qualification.
You can find a list of SAS on the Queensland Skills Gateway:
All qualifications funded under Certificate III Guarantee in Queensland are listed on the Priority Skills List. Visit:
Eligibility: To be eligible you must:
- not have, or currently be enrolled in, a Certificate III or higher level qualification (this does not include Foundation Skills qualifications or qualifications gained at school)
- be a permanent Queensland resident who is 15 years or older and no longer enrolled in school (with the exception of school students undertaking a VET in Schools program)
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrants), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen.
Funding Source: DESBT
For more information on the Certificate III Guarantee program, visit https://desbt.qld.gov.au/training/training-careers/incentives/certificate3
This information was correct at the time of publication 11/3/21.