The NDIS Restrictive Practice Micro Credential Pilot is a leading project currently being delivered by WorkAbility Qld.
It seeks to strengthen the capacity of Queensland’s growing NDIS disability services sector to meet Commonwealth and State regulatory requirements and community expectations, relating to the use of positive behaviour support and restrictive practices.
The project has established an Industry Steering Group of stakeholders to identify priority training elements in which to develop standardised non-accredited training, or a NDIS Positive Behaviour Support Restrictive Practice Micro Credential, for NDIS workers.
Benefits of the NDIS Restrictive Practice Micro Credential include:
- Delivered within a human rights framework
- Assists organisations to better meet legislation relating to restrictive practices regulations
- Builds staff confidence and capability to implement Positive Behaviour Support and reduce and eliminate restrictive practices
- Tested and piloted with a cohort of forty people
- Training that is portable across the industry
- Reduces duplication, supports recruitment, retention and the rapid growth of the workforce involved in restrictive practices.
For more information about this project contact Senior Sector Development Officer Lisa Fraser.