WorkAbility celebrates Speech Pathology Week (22 -28 August) and acknowledges that more than 1.2 million Australians live with communication disability (Source: ABS).
Speech Pathology Week aims to promote the speech pathology profession and the work done by speech pathologists, with the 2021 theme – Communication is everyone’s right.
As a critical role and support to people living with a communication disability the role of Speech Pathology and Speech Pathologists helps to ensure that everyone can communicate with confidence.
Some interesting facts and information from Speech Pathology include:
- communication is a basic human right;
- 1.2 million Australians live with communication disability;
- communication disability is largely invisible. Unseen and out-of-sight;
- confident communication helps maximise educational, health and social outcomes; and
- communication is more than just speech.
Find out how you can support this week, access campaign resources such as media content, banners, social media tiles, Zoom backgrounds and more here.