WORKPLACE LITERACY INFORMATION NOW AVAILABLE ON THE NDS WEBSITE
The Disability Workforce Innovation Network (DWIN) project identified workplace language, literacy and numeracy skills as an important workforce development focus in preparing for the requirements of the NDIS workplace.
Developed as part of the Tasmanian Language, Literacy and Numeracy Action Plan 2016-2017, a range of workforce literacy information is now available on the National Disability Services (NDS) website.
You can download:
- Information about Plain English
- The Literacy activity for use during PAs and/or recruitment
- The booklet ‘Get Ready to Assist Clients with Medication’
- The Tasmanian LLN Action Plan
- A flyer with information for senior managers about the benefits of workplace literacy training
For more information on the Workplace Literacy Project and to access the workplace literacy information visit https://www.nds.org.au/the-workplace-literacy-project