UTILISE SKILLS PATHWAYS
There are a multitude of education and training pathways into the sector that can give you an advantage in bringing employees into your organisation. A great place to start is to have a conversation with a field officer from your local State Government training office. Local training offices can assist with a range of training services and enquiries, including services relating to apprenticeships and traineeships, including school-based traineeships.
- Engage with local higher education and training providers to place students undertaking relevant qualifications
- Employ staff on traineeships – thereby getting a training subsidy and an employer incentive payment, and support on-the-job training
- Develop Skilling Queenslanders for Work programs to support clients and carers into employment
- Use school-based traineeships or VET in Schools to attract younger workers
- Work with schools to take work experience placements to attract students to work in the sector