NDIS Workforce – We Like, We Wish, We Wonder?
With the culmination of four forums and four strategic planning workshops across the region, stakeholders from the skills eco system were invited to contribute to the South East Queensland NDIS Workforce Action Plan’s development. Participants explored workforce supply, demand and capability and identified strategies, approaches and actions to support both the transition of the existing workforce and building the emerging NDIS workforce.
Emerging regional themes:
- Employment and Award working conditions
- Recruitment strategies to attract quality, motivated interest to the sector
- Quality and cost of training vs. time to train
- Motivating across a diverse workforce
- Career advancement
- Culture, relationships and team building
- Effective leadership
South East Queensland Workforce Action Plan:
The South East Queensland Local WorkAbility Qld Coordinators, Helen and Ian are currently collating the Workforce Action Plan, with a draft due to be released to the South East Queensland working groups for validation in late October 2017.