- This event has passed.
Redlands Jobs Roadshow0 364
WorkAbility Queensland, Redlands Disability Network and Redlands City Council are pleased to bring you this Redlands Jobs Roadshow.
The implementation of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) means a huge increase in demand for new workforce to enter an exciting variety of careers in disability. The projections are for an added demand for up to 30,000 new workers in Queensland.
This increase to demand means that industry has about half of the workforce that it needs.
A WorkAbility Queensland Jobs Roadshow collaborates with employment and training programs to stimulate interest and increase the supply of new workforce to enter careers in disability while at the same time offering employers access to a high volume of new workforce intake into their candidate pool.
Local employment and training programs are preparing keen and ready jobseekers to attend this Jobs Roadshow.
Candidates are pre-screened for:
- Self selected interest in a Career in Disability – Everyday Support, Specialist Support, Administration & Management
- Communication skills
- Working with vulnerable people – self screening questions
Jobseekers are being drawn from:
- All Redlands suburbs including the Islands
- Adjoining Brisbane and Logan suburbs.
- Experience pre-screened referrals from local employment and training providers
- Access a high volume of new workforce intake into candidate pools
- Development of ongoing supply of new workforce referrals
What is a Jobs Roadshow?
It is a high volume recruitment event. We bring the jobseekers, you bring your recruiters and we set everybody up to engage in speed interviewing. You will meet a lot of candidates in a short amount of time.
A recruiter can expect to meet 15-20 candidates and we recommend you bring a minimum of 2 recruiters. Employers interview an average of 35 candidates at each event.